View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Reflections on 1949 BOWMAN's (25 HOFers, many Rookies)...show-N-tell us of your cards

No need to start with Checklists, or basic facts regarding the 1949 BOWMAN set. I am sure most of you are well versed on these fundamentals.

I will post interesting bits of information which I have gleaned from my experiences collecting these cards and uncut sheets since I was age 11.
Stay tuned for a lot of pictures, plus my research into this set. And, feel free to Show-N-Tell of your 1949 BOWMAN cards (and/or experiences).

Circa June 1949, candy store windows in the Philadelphia area were displaying these 1949 BOWMAN adv. banners promoting their fourth-coming series of BB cards.

Complete 4th series uncut 36-card sheet [this series (cards #109 - 144) were issued in the Summer of 1949]

I can tell you that the kids in our neighborhood were really excited when this series of cards were available in the Summer of 1949.
These cards were more colorful than the earlier Bowman's, the players names were printed on their fronts, and on the backs of the
cards were facsimile autographs.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 11-23-2019 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.