View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 09:04 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Sure, but not at a global level like that. As to what judge might be a better draw for a particular case, of course. But you're way beyond that, generalizing about an entire court system, two actually.
I don't believe that for a minute. You can look that sort of stuff up. I am not saying that you are screwed regardless, but I am certainly saying that both are the worst venues, at least in California, that a plaintiff can file in.

We have one of these Districts here. We will not even file a case if we think it might be removed there. That's been the case for 15 years. There is one sitting judge there (who was in my section in law school and who I went to strip bars with back then), one roving judge, and one Senior, who was mean as hell but would let you try your case. Been there twice, both times after being removed. Actually got the Senior Judge once, who remanded the case within a day after getting the briefs, and even my old law school buddy kicked the other case back, finally.

Those districts exist. You know that they do. We both know that. The fact that they exist is, unfortunately, just a fact IMO. I wish they didn't and that everywhere was fair. But they are not.