View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Ray Novak

Default Back Scans for T Cards

I'm only a bidder on eBay, not a seller, and I think it is essential for a seller to show the backs on specific cards. For instance, when the back is the most important thing about a card (T205 Gray, with line of stats, Moran with stray line, Wilhelm "suffe ed" etc.) it's always good to know how much of the back is still there. In any ungraded example, I would never bid on a card without seeing the back. Seller could show a beautiful front and describe the front as VG-EX, but unless back is discussed in the listing ("beautiful card but major paper loss on back") I won't bid. I've found most sellers who don't show the back in the listing will email a photo of the back if you ask. Also, with rarer backs, I'm always fearful of verbiage like, "but it's still a rare American Beauty back" (emphasis on "but"). Unlike SGC holders, PSA holders don't ID the backs, so even with PSA graded cards, it would be nice to see the backs just to know what you're bidding on. I realize this is only one buyer's perspective, but I think many share these opinions.