View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 01:46 AM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I don't think it's a bad idea in general--probably because I was thinking about that too No way it could here in Phoenix in August though. We had more than 50 days of 110 or higher this year--smashing the old record by about 20 days. The first of August would be an oven, and Vegas wouldn't be much different.

Still, I've been to some small outdoor shows that went well, at least from the customers' perspective--I'd be curious to hear feedback from the dealers on this. Definitely something out of the routine, it might make for a nice change of pace. BTW, it doesn't have to be with an asphalt parking lot. It can be on the grass with portable tenting or canopies; again, though, it would require some different kinds of planning and contingency preparedness. Actually sounds like a real good time.
Hey NL, if you were thinking it too then it couldn't have been a terrible idea!

I agree re temperature, was actually imaging an opportunity to do the whole "East Coast AND West Coast" National shows through this configuration, perhaps with the West Coast one running in March at approx Spring Break time, and an East Coast one later in the year closer to standard calendar...but maybe first week August. That would keep it warm as possible for outdoors in lets say a Philly locale, but equally spectacular in Vegas/Phoenix/Houston during March....

I was just liking the ease of current setup of the parking lot so that dealers could have their merch brought practically (on wheels) into the facility, everything stays pretty clean, you hire 20 guards round the clock to sit at various points around the perimeter to protect everyone's tables day and night.
Some of my favourite festivals and and trade shows (mainly Art) have been outdoors, has an entirely different feel and mood.

Anyway, something to think about as it would definitely help in terms of health and safety for attendees.

Last edited by 68Hawk; 09-20-2020 at 01:51 AM.