View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 01:10 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hawk View Post
Here's a thought, though just had it so likely to be full of holes...

For a start, it could be outside. Open air, muuuuch safer - especially if done in concert with masks
How, you might ask? Cardboard needs to be protected from the very least likely chance of rain....

I'm thinking in a place like Phoenix or Vegas.
In a venue set up under the already established protective canopies of....
The Parking Spot. Or similar. This image is of the one in Houston.

Already fenced for the protection of cars.
They're low on business because of Covid and downturn in travel...

Or similar, as I said.
Open air, covered. That would do it, no?
I don't think it's a bad idea in general--probably because I was thinking about that too No way it could here in Phoenix in August though. We had more than 50 days of 110 or higher this year--smashing the old record by about 20 days. The first of August would be an oven, and Vegas wouldn't be much different.

Still, I've been to some small outdoor shows that went well, at least from the customers' perspective--I'd be curious to hear feedback from the dealers on this. Definitely something out of the routine, it might make for a nice change of pace. BTW, it doesn't have to be with an asphalt parking lot. It can be on the grass with portable tenting or canopies; again, though, it would require some different kinds of planning and contingency preparedness. Actually sounds like a real good time.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.