View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
I don't think what I'm about to say will alter anyone's thinking on this matter... we, especially me, are all pretty well set in our ways.

But what are you guys saying???? The card is the card, it hasn't changed, it is the same card. If it was wrongly in an 88 holder wouldn't you all agree (no) that it should be broken out and resubmitted. To leave it in a holder it doesn't deserve, isn't that wrongful, misleading, and all of that other stuff I hear about?? Are you guys really saying it should have been left in a holder that would potentially mislead a possible buyer who was only looking at the slab number and not the card??

Seems to me that if the card was inaccurately graded before, and now is accurately graded, you guys should all be lauding that. For me, I think breaking him out of the 88 was a good start, and a good place to stop, instead of wasting money on regrading. And if the card had not been graded in the first place, then all would be well...

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I tried three times yesterday to write out my thoughts on this and could never get happy with the results, so just gave up. Thank you Frank for managing to post exactly what I was trying to say, but couldn't.

There is no "sad story" here and there is no "what a shame", save perhaps for the fellow that purchased the card at 88 for high dollars and now finds he's out some money. Its a sad story for him, but for everyone else, its not.

This is a good thing surely. A seemingly bogus card is now rightfully graded as Authentic.