View Single Post
Old 11-25-2023, 09:26 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default Cy Young Award Trivia:

Saturday's Immaculate Grid included Cy Young winners who were all-stars. There were 82 choices. I assumed that it meant for award winners being all-stars in the year they won. It occurred to me, it probably doesn't happen very often that a Cy Young winners aren't also All-Stars. However, it has happened more often than I thought:

24 different pitchers were not all-stars in a year they won the award. I immediately recalled Rick Sutcliffe and Jake Arrietta, who had super second halves, after only pedestrian first halves.
So, they were two of the 24...no, I'm not asking for all the others...just a few.

1.) Two different pitchers were not all-stars in two different award-winning seasons.

2.) There have been two different seasons when neither league winner was an all-star...the layup of these two was 2020, of course...what was the other year and who were the award-winning pitchers involved.

PLEASE NOTE: There are frequently injury-subs and other replacements for the all-star games- this is not that. These are pitcher who are listed as All-Stars in their Cy Young seasons on BBR.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente