View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 03:32 PM
K3v1n Stru55

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpaul View Post
Kevin, Is there a five-premium booklet in existence that has the fine still intact?

Also, the natl copper booklet i have came bound with all 45/50 still bound with string, was it also offered unbound?

Where did the larger format ones come from?
Not sure that I understand what you mean by "fine still intact?"

I think that the Portfolios were only issued in bound editions of 50 subjects. We know that The Sporting News offered these Portfolios housed in their cover. I am not sure if anyone else issued them. These portfolios were only held together by string and could easily be dismantled into 50 individual cards plus the cover. These are easily distinguishable due to the two holes used for binding on their left hand border.

From my notes, I have the measurements of both the individually offered M101-1s and the "portfolio" cards as being 8.75" x 11.00". There is reference to larger ones that measure 10" x 13", but I do not know where they came from. Possible from the NCP 5 card stapled portfolios from 1898. Maybe offered individually somewhere else?

Do you have any that measure larger? If so, what do they measure?

BTW, much of the information that I have posted is based solely on my assumptions from the limited information that I have gathered. Please feel free to correct anything that is off.

Last edited by Baseball Rarities; 12-07-2021 at 05:54 PM.