View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 11:51 AM

Default Advice on the t206 set

Hey,

When I came to this forum about a week ago, I asked for advice on a 55 topps set. I originally intended to go for the set in complete psa 5/6 form. A few people essentially convinced me that it wasn't worth paying nearly double the cost of the set just to have em graded in plastic slabs. Another reason why I wanted to put together the set was the challenge. However, what is the challenge in putting together a 55 set? There's so much of it out there in so many varying conditions, I could easily put a set together with no work for like 2K - the challenge wouldn't be much of a challenge to me.

I saw someone post here about having over 500 cards in the t206 set and they said they averaged about $10 a card. While my budget would certainly restrict me to an extremely low grade set (all would be psa1/sgc10/ or the equivalent in raw), it would still be amazing to attempt such a set. I'm not sure exactly how much it would cost to get up to that point (obviously the big 4 would probably elude me forever), and if it's the right thing for me.

So, if you have attempted to or successfully put together your t206 set, please give me some insight. I've changed my mind far too many times with what set I want to put together, but this seems like a great challenge, something that would surely hold value for ever, and if I made it to even 520, it would be something to really be proud of.

Thanks,
Zach