View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Lyman Hardeman

The results of last night's Texas Hold'em Tournament for vintage card collectors (Tourney #2 in the 2010 Series) are now posted on the Old Cardboard website at http://www.oldcardboard.com/misc/pok...eaderboard.asp.

All enjoyed a good time with a very respectible showing of 16 players. The very lucky Steve Murry, who was the first one out in the January tourney, ended up in first place this time around. Second place was won by yours truly, with Justin Mason (Old Cardboard's website developer) taking third place.

Interestingly, the top five players competing for the 2010 Trophy last night were all different than the top five from the January thorney. The unusual result is that we now have five two-way ties on the Leaderboard. That also means that, with 10 tournaments left in the 2010 Series, the race for top five places remains wide open.

I got lucky midway through the tourney. With a very short stack, I went all-in with an outside straight draw after the flop, and was able to complete the straight on the river to give me new life in the tourney. However, my luck ended in the final hand when I slow-played a pair of aces after the flop to pull Steve all-in, only to see him complete two low pairs (9s & 2s) on the river and take me out. Steve, I will get my revenge next month!

The March Tourney (#3 in the 2010 Series) is now set up for March 23 as PokerStars Tournament #236700126. Passcode for registration is n172n172.

It was great fun and we hope to see all next month.

Lyman