View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Default Slightly Off Topic-TBob is this Near You?

Posted By: Scott Elkins

I know several on here who play poker, bet on Football and other sports, etc. As far as what does participating in cockfighting say for me, well, not much, as it is LEGAL in Virginia! Before you throw stones at me, there are others here who participate in ILLEGAL activities and have been arrested, found guilty and served time. You can check my criminal record - a traffic ticket or two is all you will find!

For the record Jeff, I do keep the chickens seperated. That is where the expense comes in, along with all the vitamins and other things needed to care for the chickens. This is why people fight them and gamble on the chickens - to help recoup some of the money spent! If there was no financial incentive as in a cockfight, nobody would even care to raise these chickens, as they would be too hard to care for as a pet and they would probably become extinct due to this.

Again, these are chickens - NOT people. Nobody is getting hurt. I know several of you came to Leon's defense stating his serving time for selling drugs was a "victimless crime". I know several who would beg to differ on that one, as they feel there are several victims when one sells drugs. In fact, SEVERAL people die each year from drug use. I have yet to see one person die from watching two roosters fight!

BTW - in reference to the Mike Vick mention above, I don't condone dog fighting (and have never seen a dog fight). As far as I know, the dogs are actually forced to fight, where it is natural for game chickens to fight - God simply made them that way. Also, there are some rather famous people who attend the cockfights and fight chickens - including famous boxer Roy Jones Jr., whom I met in LA at a cockfight (he raises and fights his own chickens btw).

Dan - Prostitution is legal in some states as well - that amazes me more than cockfighting being legal in some states. Also, cockfighting is the National Pastime in the Phillipines - I was just keeping on topic with that statement, since Basbeball is the National Pastime in America.