View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 10:02 AM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Originally Posted by philo98 View Post
Im not a Pirate fan per se, I just live in Pittsburgh for the time being and I prefer a poor team to get ticket prices cheap and attendance down, but what Im seeing is a fan base that is sick and tired of how the team has been managed. In 2032, it wouldnt surprise me if the Pirates left the city, unless things change soon.
One of my good friends is the grandson of Danny Murtaugh. Actually has his last game used jersey framed and on his living room wall.

I'd say about once a year he and his mother, Danny's daughter, go up to Pittsburgh for some sort of celebration of the Pittsburgh old timers. This year, they were up there for the inaugural induction of the Pirates HoF though I can't believe it's taken this long to do that for a team with so much history.

Back on track, my friend was telling me how so many of even the former players and family members are sick and tired of this owner and what he has done to the organization. It would do wonders for him to sell to someone who cares about the actual product on the field. My friend's mother wouldn't even talk to him during the ceremony and follow up gatherings that were held.