View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Default What About Putting A T206 Set Together Today?

Posted By: Lee

Theres something like 350 commons, 76 HOF, 75 Southern league, and 25 semistars. I'm approaching it at the angle of get HOF, semistars, and rare backs. I'll worry about southern league and commons later if I decide to do the whole set. Its going to take over $10000 total to put just the HOF together at todays prices(I'm going to do it over about 5 years). I havent got any of the super rare backs, like Uzit or Red Hindu or Broadleaf 460 Yet, so I may abandon the rare back quest! I was just wondering if people think the market is going to slump soon, so I could pick up cards a bit cheaper. I have been noticing on eBay, a downward trend with a few T206 HOF's, like Hugie Jennings and Frank Chance (very slight, but still a reduction in price). Other HOF, such as cobb and johnson continue to rise. I have also noticed the rise in price for T206 commons, particularly those graded 4 or above. Any advice on when to buy, weither to hold out for a slump or not, wouls still be greatly appreciated. I have just gotten back into T206 a few months ago after a 10 year hiatus.

Thanks,
Lee

Edited to Add: Thanks T206 collector, its good to know I'm on the right track.