View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 05:10 PM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
It might be mind boggling to many on here. In reality several full time dealers have been scammed with fake slabs recently. There are also countless very obviously altered/fake cards in slabs. This is a GREAT thing for 99% of the hobby and I can't figure out all the hate for such a great free to buyers program.

The only bad part is the extra wait. My last experience(sneakers) was 16 days from purchase to receiving in the mail.
Ben,

I understand where you're coming from but what makes this grader any better than PSA or SGC? And sure the service is free in the beginning, but it won't be forever. When has eBay ever implemented a change that benefits collectors without also benefiting their bottom line? No hate here, just not something I'm going to participate in. if others wish to more power to them. And to me cards can't be compared to shoes or handbags because you don't already have millions of slabbed/graded/authenticated shoes or handbags on the market already certified by established graders/authenticators.
Just my opinion.

Last edited by LEHR; 01-31-2022 at 05:11 PM.