View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 05:25 PM

Heck, maybe Clemens, Bonds, Sosa, Camaniti, Gonzalez, Piazza, McGwire, Sosa, Pudge, Sheffield, Manny, Palmeiro, ARod, and let's not forget Jose Conseco, etc. etc. can all (or their NOK) get reparations from MLB at some point in time because of the damage to their image and earning potential that was damaged for their alleged use of steroids. Isn't that what it's all about - money? Wasn't that how it all started - making money by selling a book "Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant Roids, Smash Hits, and How Baseball Got Big"?

Is it about recognition by honorably performing at a sustained high level over a career - or - about making money after baseball by marketing your notoriety as a player?

Who knows. I don't have a vote. I do have an opinion. My opinion really has no impact on any player, former or current. My opinion is, if they used an illegal substance to enhance their play, they have no place in the Hall of Fame. Only the player knows for certain. The rest of us can only come to a personal decision based upon what information we obtain.

In 2012 Roger Clemens was found "not guilty" at his second trial for six felony counts of perjury, false statements, and lying to Congress (the first trial was declared a mistrial). So, he is not guilty of those federal offenses.

His achievements are amazing, no doubt about that. Sometimes, just sometimes, it's about a little more than an individual's performance on the field.