View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 02:55 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
What specifically about CSG has disappointed you?
I've been disappointed in their grading standards. Especially with regard to centering. I've seen so many cards that are perfectly centered on the front and have 48/52 L/R on the back get 9s as sub grades for centering. That's just ridiculous. And cards that are 46/54 getting 8s. I've also seen vintage cards that are clearly overgraded. Cards with creases getting 5s and even a 6 in one case. Gem Mint grades on modern cards are too tough with them. I've also been disappointed in their pricing strategy, wait times, and communication. Their marketing is almost non-existent. I also think they really dropped the ball with their flip. It's like they didn't ask any of their potential customer base whether or not they liked the flips. Those flips are almost universally hated throughout the hobby. That's such an easy problem to avoid, and they completely dropped the ball on it. It's also an important decision to get right. All they had to do was survey some collectors and they would have known to change it. I had a lot of high hopes for them at the beginning of the year. Being backed by CCG is a huge leg up on the competition from other new grading companies. But watching their slabs get passed over by people who prefer cards in HGA slabs? Ouch. That's extremely disappointing. HGA is just a complete clusterfuck of a grading company. If you're losing to them, you're doing something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Wow once again you could not be more wrong. PSA is still pumping out subs in a timely manner and at discounted rates for at least a few of the auction houses. Lots of freshly graded items that these AHs have not been paying $300 per card to have graded. They are also still taking care of their higher volume submitters.

PSA shakes off every bad PR blow they have created for themselves.
I'm happy to learn when I'm wrong. If you have evidence of your claim, feel free to share it. However, I question whether or not you read my claim carefully enough. Note, I said, "I don't believe that long-time bulk submitters have some sort of "back door" access to lower tiered bulk grading services." It wouldn't surprise me to learn that large submitters who have had arrangements for bulk submissions in place with PSA for many years are still receiving a discount on services that are currently open. What I am contesting is that I don't believe they have access to the lower-tiered bulk services which have been shut down (e.g., I don't think any individual or company, regardless of their history with PSA, is currently able to submit bulk modern orders for grading). If you have evidence to the contrary, by all means, share it. But I'd wager good money that you've been misinformed if you believe that.