View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Patrick N.

Default Beckett...

1. There is a table in the front with percentages to calculate "value" of a card for cards under NM condition....For example. according to Beckett cards from 60s-80s in G/F/P are worth 5-10% of NM $ e.g. Nolan Ryan RC in rough shape = $25-$50. (HBV =$500)...

2. SCD is a price guide a would recommend over Beckett as most the $'s are closer to true market price i.e. lower and it has three columns of condition VG, EX, and NM and so you don't have to try and calculate %'s based on condition.

3. Beckett $'s are generally agreed upon to be inaccurate almost always too high as to the true eBay value of said cards which is a much better guide to determining value...you can get a Terapeak subscription and get real time values of raw cards the last 90 days. As stated Beckett values are usually 10-50% too high on most stuff

4. The LO column is completely ignored by most, I think beckett tries to say the lo column is the low retail $ you could expect to buy a card but everyone ignores that column and it is completely irrelevant. the Lo column has no connection to condition...

In short, if you get into the habit of using Beckett to buy cards you will probably overpay quite a bit...