View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Just/in C.ornett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
Hello Justin. Well, nobody's called you out yet so I'll be the first. 18 bid retractions in 6 months? So your saying all with one seller? and none with PWCC?

An issue that has been raised in this thread is bidding at the top end of an auction to find the underbidders max bid; then retracting to expose the underbidder as the winner. -***o ebay username has been exposed as someone doing this multiple times, but NOT on PWCC auctions (just to be clear). I'm assuming this is not the type of retraction you have?

I also do a majority of my bidding with PWCC, and Brent is aware of my disgust with retractors. I'm confident he has a sound policy to address these issues with e-bay's support.
I had one retraction with the PSA 8 53 mantle at Pwcc a few months ago where I made a mistake and retracted the bid. I then came in and rebid correctly like an appropriate person should do.

The other retractions were with two sellers specifically, one had 15 and one had 2. The one where I retracted 15 bids I ended up winning all the auctions on some 86 fleer psa10s. The user for the other two retractions were because I bid on the items and didn't pay attention to who the seller was. The seller had screwed me over on a deal and I refuse to do business with him.

I can definitely see the benefit in retractions to discover max bids, but it does not at all preclude you from losing to someone using a snipping service.

There are actually some honest people out there that retract for reasons other than intentional manipulation. Whether it be inexperience or ignorance, it needs to be policed and watched, but if you guys don't want someone to see your max bid, don't put one in. Wait till the end and use your snipping services. Don't try to blame retractors, look in the mirror and blame yourself.

Have a great evening.