View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 10:23 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
I've seen every one of these. Charade is a damn masterpiece, as is Paths of Glory and pretty much everything else by Stanley Kubrick. I'm amazed by how few people who have seen the Trois Couleurs films seem to think Blanc is the best. It's not even close for me.
Glenn, I guess, for me, Bleu is my favorite because of Juliette Binoche. I absolutely adore her. Fantastic actress, and when she was younger, few women in the world were more beautiful. I'll watch anything she's in. She could fart "La Marseillaise" and I would be riveted.

I have a real thing for French women. Catherine Deneuve was just jaw droppingly beautiful. Laetitia Casta still has "it". And now, it's Léa Seydoux, Melanie Laurent and Eva Green doing France proud. But Juliette's face was drawn by the finger of God. And he gave her a pair of legs to die for. Juliette and Sophie Marceau are my favorites.

Wages of Fear is high on my to-watch list. I've been on a singular mission to build my collection, and the movies have been coming in so fast, there's no way I could keep up. Henri-Georges Clouzot did Diabolique, too. Both classics, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Bill, I adore CHARADE as well. In particular, I love the scene when Audrey Hepburn, her friend and little son rush to visit Monsieur Felix, the honest stamp dealer, who knew there must have been some mistake when he was able to trade a jumbo packet of stamps worth 10 francs to the little boy for "only three" stamps. I can watch that scene a dozen times, as Monsieur Felix lovingly describes those rare priceless stamps in words that mirror how I feel about the elite of my own baseball card and coin collection.

I sincerely hope and pray you're able to get away from "the knife", and back on with your life, my friend.

Best wishes and regards, Brian Powell
Brian, I love the scene with the guignol. It immediately took me back to high school French class. I love everything about that film. Stanley Donen did a masterful job. And, I will like anything Cary Grant or Audrey Hepburn are in. They were so good together.

Thank you for the well wishes. I'm hanging in there. Going a tad stir crazy, perhaps, but still breathing!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 04-29-2016 at 10:34 AM.