View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
This site has been a treasure trove of interesting information.

I'm primarily a hockey guy who happens to think the T206 cards are the most interesting ever made. The age, the rarities, the different backs and their unique quirks and nuances. I just love everything about these cards. I only own one but I wish I could afford to collect more of them.

From the outside looking in I'd have to say I'd put the Plank card at #2 out of all the T206's, or maybe #3 if I'm counting the Cobb/Cobb. Blue is my favorite color so the eye appeal of the Plank card just really pops for me. I know the Doyle Nat'l is the rarest of them all but I'm actually less interested in that one being it's an error. Same for the Magie. I might even like the Plank more than the Wagner.

Seeing some Planks with rare series and/or factories in this thread for the first time has made me appreciate the Plank card even more. Thanks for sharing these everyone.
I agree. I have never understood why most sets are complete without errors and variations, but t206 is not. Magie is kind of cool as one of the first corrected error cards, but the difference is only the change of a letter. Plank is a HOFer and unique picture, so he fits the need for several important subsets, Hofers, Portraits. With Wagner now starting at 2+ million dollars, Plank becomes even more important as the key attainable t206 rarity.