View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 11:26 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Default Royal Desserts Cards

I was admiring some rare Royal Desserts basketball cards that PWCC sold recently, but I came across something odd. PSA has these cards dated from 1952, but this is obviously wrong! Let's look at the first card:

Pollard was born in July of 1922. Now the card says he was born "27 years ago." So, how could this card have been manufactured in 1952? Let's look at another one:

Fulks (I love that last name!) was born October of 1921. The card says he is 29-years-old. Manufactured in 1952? I think not! One last one:

Mikan was born on June of 1924 and the card says he is 26-years-old.

Now, after catching this, it made me think about the others. I decided to take a look at the hockey cards (also very challenging to find), and I noticed that every card mentions what that particular player did during the 1949/50 season.

I just hope that PSA can fix this problem one day. There is a big difference between 1952 and 1950, especially when it comes to the hockey cards. This means that they were printed before the 1951 Parkhurst cards, and that's huge in my opinion.