View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Default Income set aside for collecting

Posted By: Dylan

Well I thought i'd share my little story on how vintage cards came into my life. When I was 14 my Dad purchased a framed portrait of the Burdick Metropolitan Musuem Collection. For those not familer with the collection, and the print i speak of its a monster. A while ago (not that long ago im only 23) I decided to take on what I could piece by piece in the eventuality that one day i may be able(meaning considerable resource able) to complete the vaunted task. I make a good living but I also have plans to invest in stock and bonds and other appreciable investments. How much of your income is set aside for collecting? Im having great difficulty with setting a percentage. Because collectables can be liquitable and accrue value overtime, but i dont think that justifies not investing in more conventional methods. Really what it gets down to is how do i invest in the hobby i love and invest in the market and keep hard cash on hand without being a millionare? I know that the cards I want to collect, well dont come cheap, so just want to hear from you guys that have been doing this longer, whats your system, limits, etc. on spending on the collectable market?