View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Mulhall777

Thanks for the video post! Seems like the media has been pretty straight forward about the find and has not twisted it like most news stories. I hope I didn't just jinx it

I would have to say that the closest thing I've had to a "Black Swamp Like Find" was about 15 years ago when I was helping a buddy of mine re-shingle his roof. I pulled off one of the shingles and found a handful of T206's. At first my heart stopped, as I knew they were tobacco cards due to the famous Wager everyone in the hobby has seen. Some of the cards were too damaged to even tell the players names and could barley see the photos. I don't recall the exact cards we unearthed from his roof, but at the time they were only going on eBay for less than $100 and in much better condition. My buddy collected at the time, so I just let him have them. He did provide lunch and beer for the roofing job, so no complaints. Only if one of the cards were a a big name, for a minute...I had that glimmer of hope and possibility which caused my spine to tingle. We never figured out why the cards were there under a roof shingle, but that's what makes finds like this great...their totally unexpected and can happen anywhere at anytime