View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Default Kansas City player Cabinet Card help

Posted By: ramram

Picked up this nice cabinet card from Rhys recently. I believe it depicts a player from the 1886 Kansas City team. This was the only National League team that KC ever fielded. The teams that were from KC that are in the Old Judge series (1887 - 1889 American Association and Western League teams) either had "Kansas City" or "KC" on their jerseys but no "K.C." (periods added) that I know of. The team photo below is from an old Kansas City Star newspaper clipping that I had tucked away from many years ago. It is of the 1886 KC National League team and, as you can see, they had the "K.C." on the jerseys. Unfortunately, there are no names associated with it. I do have a few questions though:

1) Does anybody know of any Old Judge KC players that had "K.C." (with the periods) on their jerseys?

2) Has anybody ever seen this team photo shown below and, if so, have you seen any names associated with it?

3) Rhys and I both noticed one player in particular that is in the team photo below that looks like the player in the cabinet, but I wanted to see if others pick out the same player. What are your thoughts?

BTW, if you haven't visited Rhys's website you should take a look. He's got some nice items for sale (www.prewarsports.com).

Rob M.