View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Default Player Relatives

Posted By: prewarsports

I met Silver King's great grandson via ebay, he was trying to buy anything he could get. He remembered going to his gandmothers house in the 1950's, and according to her, when she was a child there was a huge oil painting of King in his Browns uniform above his fireplace, as well as some baseball memorabilia from him in a curio cabinet (around 1910). She ran off and eloped with someone Silver disliked, and became less favored in the King family so she got nothing and hence this relative had nothing, but someone must have inherited all that stuff, probably the one who married right.

Another interesting story is that I bought a few items from the estate of Tony Mullane (you guys might remember last year when that Imperial Joseph Hall cabinet came up for sale). Well I got in contact with the guy and managed to secure a few items from his probate estate, but what is interesting is this, they cant find any heirs of his. The guy from the probate office told me they only sold a few things (the photo included) to cover some of his granddaughters debts, and everything else is still sitting in a box and the court will not sell it, they are waiting for an heir. He told me there are tons of correspondances and baseball items including "several" cabinet photos and other items. I wish my last name was Mullane! ANyone know of anyone who claims to be related to him?