View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Default Ever talk to a ballplayer ?

Posted By: Cat

I have had the fortune to meet quite a few.

One player (rather not post his name) I got to know fairly well actually took my son (he was 11 yo at the time) into the Diamondbacks (that's who he was playing for at the time) lockerroom and my son was standing around with the likes of Schilling, Randy Johnson, Luis Gonzales, and Mark Grace (this was his last year). This is a player that I still "cross paths" with and is a real good guy and has done real well in MLB in recent years.

Three or four years ago, I signed my kid up for a Saturday morning "hitters camp." It was pretty expensive for the four hours. The crowd was small and my son got quality time with Torrie Hunter, Paul Loduca, Shawn Green, Don Baylor and others. At the end most of the players hung around and I was particularly impressed with how good of a guy Hunter is. Loduca really took teaching the kids to heart and I was appreciative of that too.

Met Troy Percival a few times too...seemed like a quality fellow. One time he had HIS kid with him and he seemed like a very good Dad.

http://www.audiocomedy.net/soundboards/jacket.shtml