View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Default Ever talk to a ballplayer ?

Posted By: craig

i went out to bob fellers museum in van meter iowa with my dad about 10 years ago. he was having a charity signing with another player. i had just picked up a beater 38 goudey heads up of feller in minnesota the weekend before and thought it would be cool to have it signed. on the cards front it says that bob learned his controll by throwing a baseball through a knothole in the side of his fathers barn. so when i got there i had to ask if it true. old bob doesnt hear too well so i had to actually show him that it said that. when he read it he stated in a very loud voice "hell no my ol'man would'ev tanned my hide. dont believe everthin ya read on baseball cards boy."

last summer at an iowa cubs game, my 7 year old son and i ran down to the rr so he could do his buisness. standing next to him in the rr was fergie jenkins. i didnt even know he was at that game, so i was kinda shocked. when my boy and fergie were both washing their hands i made the comment, "hey zach you know who this guy is dont you?" fergie smiled shook our hands, glad he washed, and asked my boy if he wanted his baseball signed that had noticed zach had. zach look at me then fergie and said "no way then my dad wont let me play with it." and quickly shoved it in his pocket. awkward silence followed by a good exchange of smiles/laught before we exited and went back to our seats. man am i gald i already have a jenkins auto'd ball. lol

craig