View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Default Couple quick board topics.....BST ??

Posted By: warshawlaw

Let me be clear on one thing: I had no intention of interfering with a sale. I know that sort of thing would not have happened since Mark and Paul are both upstanding guys who would not break their deal that way, and because I know that about both guys, I never considered that the post might cause a problem. All I was doing was posting a "congrats, you lucky dog" type post for Paul. We've had a lively discussion over the intricacies of E79-E80 since the National, and I viewed the comment as an extension of that. Candidly, I did not consider that it would cause a problem, and for that I am sorry. Forgive me, guys; I've taken so many depositions over the last weeks that my brains are in my @$$.

As far as the future goes, the controversy raises a really interesting issue, which Trevor hit on pretty well. There are many, many posts about how much an item went for (high and low); they are sui generis for this site. I believe that BST sales, just like any other sales, should be open targets for commentary on the board. What I don't want to see is a chilling of discussion on those sales just because they are between board members. Whether it takes place on the sale thread itself or on the main board is, frankly, a matter of procedure rather than content. I'd respectfully submit that if you want a deal to be private, don't post the offer and confirmation here, do it by email.

Quan: If the people acting here don't have integrity, a prohibition on commenting on sales via BST isn't going to instill it suddenly within them. No one here should solicit someone to break a deal and no one here should agree to do so. Period.