View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Default Couple quick board topics.....BST ??

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

You know what I do not post that much anymore but this one got me thinking. This board was made as a pretty much free for all when it first started after Full Count with SOME "Guide Lines" but not many. The buying, selling, and trading was always "at your own risk!" and I thought that includes what other people will say. I just think it is so interesting that when this kind of thing happens with a ebay lot like, someone gets a big card for a really cheap bin, closes an auction down with a decent offer or an outright win that was just not seen until the end, this board is all over the person who did that and a lot of people email the seller telling them they are a fool and left a ton of money on the table, which in most cases is very true, but everyone feels it is there "Hobby Duty" to tell the ebay seller they messed up and I will buy it for more. But when it happens here everyone is all, well to bad for the seller, he set the price. I think Adams comment was very much inline and he should be able to say what he wants especially when the guy wrote the darn book on boxing cards. I think his input on this card was a educated response (and no Adam did not ask me to write this, nor did I talk with him about this situation). I do think this site is great and I read it everyday but I also think people are getting a little on edge here. (apparently me as well ) Don't get me wrong I can see how both parties could feel burned. I know how it feels from both ends as well, but on a site like this I think we should be able to voice our opinions. If we can't then why else are we a community, we should just be ebay with cool articles.

Just my 2¢

Trevor Hocking