View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Default Who do you think deserves to be in the HOF!!

Posted By: Rhys

Ryan, I never said the whole truck full should not be in there, but I think 17 people would fill a truck. Some of the inductees this year were very deserving; others were not. Sol White and Effa Manley are two people the Hall of Fame could have lived without. Both are in primarily because they wrote famous books.

My comment was not meant to disrespect played like Jud Wilson and Cristobal Torriente, but more to illustrate the point that if they are going to do something to make it fair to specific leagues who have been excluded from the Hall than do the same thing for the American Association which had ZERO members until Bid McPhee of all people was put in as a token member.

There was more injustice toward members of the AA than the Negro Leagues coming into this last mass election. One guy from a league which dominated for 15 years? How many Negro/Cuban Leaguers have they inducted in the Hall for leagues that lasted about 40-50 Years. All things being equal (which we know its not), if it is more than 4 than that means they were more fairly represented than the AA.

Once again NO DISRESPECT to the deserving Cuban/Black players who are elected, but why is there so much Disrespect toward the American Association?