View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 08:27 AM
Snake Plisskin
Ro.ger M. Boe.hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
Well, Beckett is no better then. There is a 1973 Topps Thurman Munson slabbed by Beckett as a 4 that is trimmed. All you have to do is enlarge the image and measure. I do not care who the grading company is, buy the card and not the holder. I am confused as to what " value will drop "? Are you takling about PSA or '52 Mantles? I do not see either " dropping in value " in the forseeable future. This is the second post you have made regarding PSA involved in a cover up. I typically buy ungraded, so I do not have horse in this show. I do suggest that before you make random accusations, that you also provide some proof / evidence of your claim. It is not that hard to obtain a slab, and counterfit a slip. You are accusing PSA of accepting fake cards, grading, and slabbing them. I'll go back to, where is your proof. It is more reasonable to believe that someone obtained slabs, printed slips, and inserted fake Mantles. Buy the card, not the holder....
I agree buy the card not the grade..PSA has had 7 font changes on the flips..Maybe it is an inside jog, don't know..And no, 52 Mantles will only go up..I really don't know about PSA cards, but I don't trust anymore..I prefer raw myself and may go back to it..The resale on raw is the problem. Depends on how expensive your collection is and is it for fun or investment. Most people it's both..I may rip all my 52 topps out of holders and go raw, Mantle included..My son can make the decision later..