View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Dean C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
First of all, thanks for bringing attention to this. Hopefully if this gets flagged enough, eBay will end up pulling it.

Secondly, eBay does indeed have a "report as counterfeit" option. In the dropdowns, first select "copyright and trademark", then "counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer", then "counterfeit, fake, or replica items". That should do it.
Thanks for validating my concerns. I was initially hesitant to post something about this card, thinking, "Surely, many other people will raise a red flag here." But then I realized that some innocent person's hard-earned dollars were at stake, and if I didn't say something, maybe it would slip under the radar. I wouldn't want someone to get hurt, especially for such an obvious fake! It really makes me question eBay's ability to protect its buyers and sellers.

And thanks also for helping me to find the "report a counterfeit item" link. I had looked for it under the "report item" selections, but couldn't find it. I have since reported this item to eBay as fake -- but it's still an active listing as of 2:25 a.m. EDT Thursday. I considered contacting the seller to say, "Do you know this card is fake?", but I really don't want to open that can of worms. If this guy isn't the perpetrator of this forgery, how could he NOT know that this card is a fake? He's got tons of feedback as an eBay seller, so it seems to me he should know what he's listing.