View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 11:34 AM
Jeff

Default Sept. 11, 1965 dedication of Lambeau Field ticket

Came into a stack of Green Bay Packers tickets, ranging in date from 1948 to 2012 (lots of Bart Starr & Brett Favre). One interesting ticket in the mix was a ticket from Sept. 11, 1965 when Green Bay City Stadium was renamed and dedicated as Lambeau Field. Wondering if anyone has any idea as to the population or value of such a ticket. I see a program on ebay listed for $70, which does not state this detail.

According to: https://www.packers.com/news/yes-lam...icated-in-1965
Green Bay City Stadium was dedicated Sept. 29, 1957. Following Curly Lambeau's death, it was renamed and dedicated as Lambeau Field on Sept. 11, 1965.

I am also surprised by how cheap football tickets are going for. Tickets I though would be going for good money, well are not. Such as, Bart Starr vs. Y.A. Tittle, Bart Starr vs. Jim Brown, record setting games, milestones... Only ones that seem to be going for anything are Superbowl or HoF debuts. The debuts are cheap compared to MLB/NBA. The only debuts I see that have sold recently for $500+ are Tom Brady, Dan Marino and a Fran Tarkenton.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Packer-1965.jpg (69.2 KB, 75 views)