View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 01:50 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcher354435 View Post
Great progress on a what will be a world class boxing collection. If you had to prioritize a few sets which would they be? I may be able to assist. Also, where are the e78's?
I don’t think I will ever hit world class like yours, but I sure have been having a blast getting even this far. My favorites by far are the T220 Silvers, with T218 close behind. A small batch of T220 silvers I got was what made me get into boxing at all. Anything circa 1910 I like mostly because the fighters portrayed are the guys in these sets I started collecting when I was 12. T219 as a complement to my T218 master set is a favorite, and T9’s are the top for eye appeal. Been putting more effort into the Turkey Reds lately, they look lovely set up around the house. The E75 error is bumping up my list after I got the other one, even though it’s an ugly set I love it for some reason.

E78, alas, I have none of but it certainly belongs here, I’d love to build that one too if enough of them ever pop up! As my list of cards one sees with regularity starts to get short I’ve put more effort this year into the tougher stuff, Red Crosses and Red Suns and the like. I won’t finish E78, E79 Red, T226, etc. but as many as I can do will make for a nice binder one day.

If you have extras of the 1909-1912 especially, I’d love to buy some off you.