View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Default Vintage poster questions

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Hi-
I probably should have put both vintage and poster in quotes because I am not sure if what is depicted below is either. Please see the scans below of a blank cardboard poster with a baseball figure set on a red diamond. It is blank backed. On the bottom there is a product number: Design Number 249. Can anyone tell me the folowing?
1. What is the approximate year of issue (my guess is late 1940s to mid 1950s)?
2. Was there a small hoard of these found several years ago? I ask because it looks very familiar to me and I have seen many other salesman samples that came out of huge finds.
3. Any idea as to its value (beyond what I paid for it, which means, not much at all, and considering it shows a generic image)?
4. Any additional information (e.g. manufacturer, region of distribution, etc.) would be greatly appreciated
I am sorry about the scans below as I do not own a digital camera, but I hope folks will recognize this poster. I also have this sneaking suspicion that this poster has been discussed before on this board but I searched and came up empty. Regardless, please feel free to use this thread to show your own vintage posters as well.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com