View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 02:06 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

1992 Topps 301 Kirk McCaskill with recurring corona near right ear.

I bought the two lots of 1992 Jumbo packs (60 total) from the Saco River auction last week and opened a few. The rest are going in my antique mall booth in Destin. But noticed that all three of the McCaskill cards I got had this print defect. Some of the other cards had errant vertical magenta or cyan lines, but not significant enough to report.

Did notice something interesting about the set info from baseballcardpedia:
Quote:
There were a number of uncorrected errors in the Gold set. Mark Davidson's name was accidently foil-stamped onto Steve Finley's card (#86). Andujar Cedeno (#288) is listed as a member of the New York Yankees. Mike Huff (#532) is listed as a member of the Boston Red Sox. Barry Larkin (#465) is listed as a member of the Houston Astros but is correctly listed as a member of the Cincinnati Reds on his Gold Winners cards. (See below)

The six checklist cards were replaced with six players who do not appear in the base set.

131 Terry Mathews
264 Rod Beck
366 Tony Perezchica
527 Terry McDaniel
658 John Ramos
787 Brian Williams
Checked the cards on COMC and the Larkin Winners can be found with either Reds or Astros on the gold foil. So there must have been multiple Winners runs.

But based on the bonus (replacement for checklist) cards in the ToppsGold set, you'd probably want to include them in your 1992 Topps set for completeness.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 08-17-2020 at 02:09 PM.