View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 07:38 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
My guess would be that this is when it was delivered to the local PO for the local routes. Makes sense that when the mail is 'binned' out to the local PO that the distribution center would know when it arrived there. Remember that this is the distribution center's 'point of view' and not the final recipient's. Which is why I think that the last entry should be "out for delivery" rather than "delivered". Ebay could make this a little clearer, at least to the sellers, or they could ideally process the USPS information that they receive to make that clearer before they present it.

I'd much rather someone with postal connections chime in rather than me speculating though.
No, the time listed as Delivered is well after it arrived at the post office but well before it was actually delivered. Other packages that I get arrive at the post office around 6:00 AM, and after talking to my carrier about this one, he definitely had it well before the time that is listed.

The older thread referenced a few posts earlier has some suggestions as to how the Delivered time gets generated, but nothing that seems to make sense based on what I have recently seen or several others have reported in this thread.