View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Default T206 - Cubs w/ all back variations. 559 variations!!??

Posted By: Jim Rivera

I have been collecting T206 for about 20 years and have been collecting the Baltimore team with all possible front/back combos for about 8 years. There are 9 Baltimore players and 13 possible backs that have 117 different combos.

Right now I have 75 different but that includes 2 blank backs, So I really have 73. I know of about 8/10 more that I am positive exist. The other cards I have never seen. I have talked to the many collectors about this and have come to the conclusion there are some combos that do not exist. I am sure I will find some I thought were impossible but I will never have all 117.

A good example are the Sovereign backs. I have 7 different but have never seen Adkins and Dessau with Sovereign. Barry S. had a large Sovereign find with no Adkins and Dessau. Also Ted Z. has compiled lists of all known cards from the board members and 30+ years of collecting. Also Art M. and Brian W. don't have these on their pop reports either. After all this I think they were no prints. One day they may turn up. That is why it is called the MONSTER.

I am positive you will find the same thing when you get deep into the Cubs.
good luck with your quest.

JR