View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 10:07 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Apple Watch stats: sleep 6 hours 39 minutes; steps 18,704 or 8.4 miles walked. Money spent today $1,284. Normal morning routine and I’m in the show with the VIPs at 9:30
Yesterday I looked at a lot of 40 1932 Tattoo Orbit pins along with 3 pins from a supposed Cracker Jack set, obviously I don’t know much about these but what is neat is that the pins are attached to a vintage beanie it was a sight to see. I thought about that beanie all night and I went right for it at show opening and paid the asking price $400 I’ll post a picture when I get home and have access to a computer I am typing on my phone. That beanie is spectacular! Today I finished at least four sets 1954 Red Man with final card Willie Mays (a gift from my roommate Matthew) also finished 1948 Leaf boxing with a beautiful Sugar Ray Robinson also 1950 Topps Parade Flags of the World (I have been looking for #99 Japan for probably five years and found in one dollar binder) and 1967 Topps non sport Who Am I #27 Admiral Richard Byrd. Other cards include two tough 1935 National Chicle football cards, Topps football bucks, Civil War News, Several 1939 and 1940 Play Ball baseball cards, and it goes on and on. Really another great day at the show especially before it got very very crowded around 12:30. I did not exit the venue for a break as planned but went upstairs in a vacant hallway for awhile to escape the mayhem. The crowd thinned out some around 4, and I left as the show closed at 6. Met up with about a dozen OBC members for dinner across the street at Murray Brothers Caddy Shack good food great stories especially from one of our newest members Stewart O who tells tales of him opening packs of 1951 Bowman baseball cards had a good time! Tonight we are expecting roommate #4 last minute attendee who gets the pleasure of sleeping on the couch cushions I take off the sofa bed plus he will be banging on our door around 3AM after getting here from ORD. More of the same tomorrow I expect, and now that I know Caddy Shack is right across the street, I’d be a fool for not escaping the crowd I’m sure that will be there from 1-4