View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 11:45 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

I took the hotel shuttle to the convention center arrived at 2pm picked up VIP pass autograph tickets and promos no line for that. The promos I’m kind of excited about because there are at least two Trevor Lawrence cards! Went to the VIP lounge/mixer it was very crowded and just promoting an upcoming auction I think. I left right away even before pizza was served. The VIP line to get in the show at 3:30 was at least 1/2 mile long wrapping around several conference rooms then back towards the entrance door, I took my place in line about that time they opened the doors to the show and I made a 180 and walked right in. The show was very crowded from doors open until closing at 8pm. I started out in the back of the show tried to make a loop of sorts got distracted by this and that and didn’t really have much of a plan the whole show but of course running into OBC members and dealer friends I haven’t seen in two years so awesome. With the VIP package you get some autographs, and I was interested in getting a Billy Shaw (Bills HOFer) card signed. Long line moved slow I left for awhile still a long wait forget it I’m done with autographs at the National. PS before the show some guy offered me $20 for three of the autograph tickets he needed and I gladly sold. I was ready to spend some money today started out with $2225 cash and got a lot of cards but mostly low grade bargain stuff and just counted what I have left $1,997 I only spent $228 shocked me, I spend more at our local monthly show! I’ve got to get a more organized plan tomorrow. Pickups included 53 different 1952 TOPPS Look N See cards $15 plus discount then 33 different 1959 TOPPS Wacky Plaks for $12 plus discount then 15 1951 Bowman Jets Rockets and Spacemen $8 plus discount all low grade. I have these sets already but they are so cheap I couldn’t help myself. Bought 30+ 1971 OPC baseball cards they have yellow backs $1 each. Eights hits to my 1964 Rosen US Army in Action these were priced $3 each fair price dealer discounted some too. Finished 1980 You’ll Die Laughing set 3 cards $3 a couple hits 1963 Post baseball including #36 Nellie Fox no bat showing $6 I’ve been looking got this card awhile. Lots of other cards plus 1954 Wheaties Musial in action and George Mikan in action also 1951 Berk Ross hit Dick Sisler. Closed the show down at 8 and ate dinner with about 11 or 12 OBC guys at a reported “biker bar” which is right next door to our hotel thanks Bob B picked up the tab. Tomorrow will be a longer day at the show I hope to be more organized in the search no time at the autograph area either I’m done with that. Time now 12:36 and time to pull out the sofa bed. Larry