View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
What a self-absorbed ass. He asked "hey, what price are you asking for", and then proceeded to belittle the seller when his asking price wasn't agreeable. LOL, please.
I have read the story referenced several times and am confused by these statements.

Zeigler wanted the card at price he felt was fair. He was frustrated, but only seemed to be making comments to justify what he thought the value was. By including the $4.5k reference in his ask, he was indicating his starting point when the initial ask was $20k. The seller responds with a price of $12k.
Zeigler's response could be considered snarky when he says that it won't sell for that much. The seller responds with the classic, "I have a couple other offers of $9k."
The most snarky response is from the seller when he says, "Good luck with your collection, this is one card that certainly won't be in it. It is sad that you have this much time on your hand to argue with people about what they are selling on e-bay. Get a life my dear."
It is at that point that Zeigler brings up that he is a MLB player in defense of the time on your hands argument. He also brings up his expertise on these types of cards as that seems to be his collecting focus. But it wasn't presented in a mean or snarky way. Again more frustrated and possibly petulant.
The only thing I can criticize Zeigler for was persistence. He should have cut bait when the seller brought up the other offers.

I would be curious to know whether and/or what the card eventually sold for.