View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Most trims are obvious. In fact they feel different, someone who was literally blind could be taught to detect them.

It's possible that a trimming done on a factory type papercutter might have the right sort of edge, and that would be a bit more challenging.

Steve B
Steve,

Please know that I agree with what you've said here.

As for the, "factory type papercutter," I have an opinion that I would like to share with the group.

For a T206 card, wouldn't the absence of a slightly rounded edge...on one side...the front, if I am not mistaken, be obvious? I have heard (actually, I have, "read" more often than heard) that they were cut in a way that left a telltale sign to look for when discerning whether a particular example had been trimmed.

Again, I am just trying to learn here. I have read a number of great articles on the subject. By far, the one which was most informative was written by someone whose name was credited as being David Cycleback...though I suspect that is a pseudonym...and might just be a fellow Board Member.

As stated, this is a question for the group, at large...and not aimed at you. Please feel free to ignore my post completely.

However, I would like to know everyone's thoughts on this and look forward to your replies.

Best Regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra