View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 05:00 PM
Matt

Default SEMA Show

Guys...........I attended the SEMA show this week in Vegas with my son. He had a great time seeing the high end sports cars, watching the drift cars and trying the racing simulators.

I noticed Mario and Richard Petty were scheduled to attend the show at different booths to sign autographs. I've got Mario in person probably 20 times in my life at different tracks, but never on cards so I was pretty excited about this opportunity to get these signed. He was great as usual and is such a kind, soft spoken person that is always smiling and great with the fans.

I got Richard once when I was young at a Nascar race on a ticket and figured this was one of my only chances left to get him in person on his '72 STP card. Unfortunately, he cancelled due to illness the day before he was scheduled to attend. I was bummed, but I've been thinking about sending it to his museum, as Adam and many others have had success. Would you risk sending this card through the mail? On SCN, his success rate is 97%. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. Seems a bit risky for this card, but I feel like the window is closing as he's heading into his later 80's. Thanks...........Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img912.jpg (196.2 KB, 131 views)