View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 12:08 AM

Quick update on this story.

As with all the cards I gave my Mom and Dad as a kid, they all had a theme, favorite team or player etc. A while back after I came home from college over winter break, I looked through the small binder that my Mom keeps some of the cards my brother and I gave her. They were all Astros cards save for a few (she’s the reason I’m a ‘Stros fan) however, I noticed there was another UD “Inside Info” card in the binder and suddenly remembered where the cards, including the ‘97 Griffey, came from.

When I was a kid, we had a neighbor at the end of the street who was a big time collector and upon downsizing his collection, gave my brother and I a couple of those long rectangular boxes of cards. Looking back now, there isn’t a doubt in my mind that this is where the Griffey came from.

To break it down, the card was originally gifted to me, I certainly must have given it to my Dad, stole it back, felt guilty and gave it back to him, and now I have it again but really I’m just taking care of it for Dad.

The life of a card… it’s never that simple though.

Last edited by AstroJake09; 05-22-2022 at 12:35 AM.