View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 09:27 AM
Ke.vin G.ray

I know I'm late to this party, but i absolutely loved the 88 Score set when I was a kid. My brother and I sat on the floor of the local Kmart while our mom shopped and went through every pack they had out, looking for stars on the fronts. Since you can only see the purple cards on the front, you were limited to the players that showed up in that color, but that was still quite a group! Brett, Sandberg, McGwire, Mattingly...lots of star power to find. We also looked for the Gregg Jeffries cards on the back. We didn't know about Glavine then, so I don't remember looking for him at all.

Regarding the pictures, for those of you who have your binders handy, look at the Matt Nokes and Kirk Gibson cards. Those photos, in my opinion, are some of the neatest photos to show up on cards in that set. Really well framed looks at those two players, in Tiger Stadium to boot.

Recently I bought a storage tub of unopened packs for about $10 bucks. In that tub were around 400 loose packs of 88 Score. My kids and I had a blast looking for star packs, and found quite a few. 4 Glavines in there! Then we opened a huge pile of the rest. That was just a fun trip down memory lane.

kevin