View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 04:32 PM

I can’t afford a whole sand box anymore, I had to down size to a plastic bucket. I’ve been reading for awhile from behind the scenes here. I used to be on here fairly regularly and still remember some of the names I see. I thought I had got out of the hobby around 2005, but it seems it was a couple years before that. I found my old user name for this site and my old eBay name as well. Now that I’m thinking about it this site used to be at a different place and if I remember correctly, Leon moved it here after some issues. I used to have a lot of nice cards and to give you a small idea. I had around 20 different Cobbs, full set of e102’s not as nice as (Pete Cauldrons?) Was, is? multiple Ruth’s with a psa2 Collins and McCarthy I sold for $5500 at the time, a few e107’s and a lot of sovereign back t206’s and random Hofer’s just to name a few of many cards. Now after many years away from the hobby I’ve been back collecting for about 2 again. So to walk away for 20 years and come back was a little bit of a shock to me. I found it was impossible to get those raw ex. t206”s for $40 anymore. So after watching the market for a while and still having some knowledge of scarce issues, I started back collecting anything I thought was a good buy. We’ll obviously after some time I had a lot of cards I had no attachment to and to many for the short period I had been back collecting. So after some time I realized I wouldn’t be able to get back the type of collection I previously had so many years before without selling my soul or body parts. It’s funny how it works out sometimes though, cause I am now collecting cards I never did before. Obaks and any thing pre 1900. Even though you don’t see them every day, lower grade Obaks can still be had for a fair price and if I have a little extra money I will try for a little better card by going for a pre 1900 one. The best part of this way of collecting now is that I don’t spend as much time looking at cards I don’t collect anymore, but I still watch the market for prices. Best, Jeff