View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
I believe I found a 2 1/4 inch 1969(?) MLB pin that hasn't been mentioned before, that I am aware of anyway. I know the ones that have been verified are Tony Taylor, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Rod Carew, Tony Oliva, and Harmon Killebrew. I found this Deron Johnson on Worthpoint that sold on eBay in February, 2017. The seller mentions in the listing that the pin is two inches, and what I believe is the proof is that the MLB emblem on the left that shows the batter swinging doesn't have the red border line going all the way around it like it does on all of the regular 3 1/2 inch pins. I am pretty sure that all of the small pins are missing the red line, I noticed it on the 2 1/4 inch Ernie Banks that I have and the 2 1/4 inch Willie McCovey that ooo-ribay has shown scans of. The first scan of the MLB emblem with no red line is the Johnson, the second scan of the MLB emblem with the red line is from a 3 1/2 normal sized pin. I apologize if the Johnson has been mentioned before, I don't follow the memorabilia section on a full time basis.
These continue to be pretty rare and bring good prices, at least for some guys. A decent, but not great, condition large Mays just sold on eBay last week for $255.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan_1486141122_1.jpg (74.6 KB, 965 views)