View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 12:53 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Everyone has given great advice so far. The direction you go in basically depends on a few things.

How involved you personally want to be in the sales? (Selling yourself takes up a lot of your time but can result in a better profit)

How quickly do you need to sell them? Instantly? (There are many great members here that would probably purchase all the cards but offer much less than if you sold them as singles because they would need to make a return profit for their time and money. Asking on this main board for references before a final sale is fine and recommended.)

How quickly do you need to sell them? Not Instantly But Soon? (Consign to one of the great businesses already mentioned. Ask questions if all your cards will be sold as singles or only the high value ones and the others would be put into lots. Personally I don't like selling older cards in lots. It can leave a lot of money out of your pocket. Also ask about time frames and fees.)

As far as grading them..... There would be a lot of up front costs and time taken. I don't see any PSA 9 or 10 grades there, if I did, I'd say take the time to grade them. As long as you choose a seller that has the ability to scan both the front and back of your cards in high resolution (no small blurry pictures or cell phone pictures), many will bid on what they see and sometimes over bid, in hopes that when they send it in for grading that it comes back with a high grade which in most cases is likely not to happen and they get an average graded card.

Either way, great find and nice looking cards. I've come across a few original owner collections like this over the years and since I didn't have much money tied up in my purchases, I went on to complete the sets and sell off the lower grade duplicates.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11