View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 12:28 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
I do not have personal experience with him, but many on here would suggest Greg Morris on Ebay for nice raw, individual cards. There will be consignment fees, and I imagine now buyers will be charged sales tax, which will affect the final outcome.

As far as auction houses, I can personally recommend Scott Brockelman, where you will be treated honestly and with integrity, there is no consignment fees to sell, and the buyers's premium is 12-1/2%, which is much lower than the the industry standard of around 20%, and evidently no sales tax added to the purchase, which should net you better results, because most buyers factor all the extra fees into their bidding. Except for the bigger star cards, you would likely be submitting the cards in group lots.

brianp(arker)-beme
Sound advice...

But are any auction houses still not charging sales tax by now? Seems like every one I deal with has now implemented the applicable tax (with Mile High, REA, Hunt, and Lelands being the most recent).

If anyone can provide the short list of AHs NOT charging the state tax, it would be most helpful... thanks!