View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 06:26 PM

Default 1954 Bowman #66 Ted Williams Grading Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Card grading is such a crapshoot, and it seems to keep getting worse. I suggest you don't waste the money by resubmitting, and just accept the grade as it is and make the move that works best for you with said grade. Since there is only a sliver of white on the bottom, I think most 'normal' (whatever that means) collectors can see how great the card looks other than that, so you should be able to get a nice price for it without paying for repeat opinions from the TPGs.

Now I am wondering. Just had a member here compare sales of went through the wash PSA 3 to mine, because as I figured a 3 is a 3 in the minds of those that depend on someone who can't get out of their own way to tell them the grade of a card. I have passed by more 8s buying cards for 1954 Bowman, 1955 Topps, and 1970 Topps sets than I have bid on them. Obviously there are some knowledgeable collectors and I saw that the other night when the same seller with the same card ending a minute apart and the PSA 7 sold for more than the PSA 8. However I think the majority just look at the numbers.

If anyone doesn't know to tell actual sales price of accepted offer on ebay 130point website is a good tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by capt14k; 02-12-2023 at 06:37 PM.